Call 585-442-2430 for Details and to Register - Join The FUN at Chess Camp!
WE HAVE FUN!Rochester Chess Center is located near Cobbs Hill Park, at 221 Norris Drive. There will be daily outings to the park for seasonal activities (Frisbee, soccer, hiking)... so dress for outdoor action.
A Dual Chess
With Community Chess Club Champion David Phelps
and 2nd place finisher Henry Swing
Hosted by the Community Chess Club of Rochester www.RochesterChessClub.orgRegistration: On-site Only @ Rochester Chess Center 221 Norris Drive Rochester NY 14610 585-442-2430 Entry Fee: $7 ($5 for CCCR Members). Payment MUST accompany registration to reserve seat except for waiting list. Pizza, snacks, & beverages will be provided to participants
6:15pm Seating begins for the chess simultaneous exhibition
6:30pm Chess simultaneous exhibition begins
We have limited seating capacity for 28 players. Please register on-site with any of our Tournament Directors at the Chess Center. Your entry fee (cash only) must be collected during registration. Please arrive no later than 6:15pm on the night of the event (Aug. 18th) so that we may check you into your assigned seat. Come earlier to enjoy the pizza and beverages that will be provided before the event starts. All chess players of every skill level are encouraged to participate. Expert Players and above should add their name to the waiting list. For those of you who are unable to participate in the chess simultaneous on Aug. 18th, you may still register for our regular USCF-rated G/80 d5 tournament during our regular registration period which is from 6:30pm to 7:15pm.
A Dual Chess Simultaneous Exhibition is an event where two high-ranking Chess players compete against multiple players all at once. It is an exciting show of skill and endurance. When all games are finished, the tournament director will present a tally of the results and present prizes for challengers with wins or draws.
Opponents who achieve a draw will receive a hardcover chess scorebook (up to $12 value).
Opponents who achieve a win will receive a chess video DVD of their choice (up to $20 value). David and Henry will be presented with a base prize ($50) and an incentive prize for one of the following: No losses and no draws (a perfect score!) $100; No more than 9 points lost $50; No more than 12 points lost $40.
Dual Chess Simultaneous Exhibition Rules:
- David and Henry play with white pieces on all chess boards.
- David and Henry will generally maintain an overall half-way distance between the total in-progress chess games.
- Each opponent will make their move only when either David or Henry approaches the chessboard.
- Each opponent will get one pass to have more time to make a move.
- Each opponent should write down the game moves on a score sheet until only 5 opponents left. When the game finishes, you can ask David and Henry to sign it.
- When 1 to 5 players are remaining, it is at David’s, Henry’s and the TDs discretion how much time the opponent will be given between moves; if the opponent is taking too long, David and Henry will work with the TD to speed up the game moves.
and Henry have the right to change his move until the moment he makes his move
on the next board.
- No talking and kibitzing (including spectators) is permitted while games are in-progress; cell phones should be turned off or on vibrate to avoid distracting participants.
- The tournament director will assist to ensure all players follow the rules. If necessary, the TD may speed up late-running games with a clock or timer/stopwatch to blitz through the remainder of a game.